Your Down Payment

Looking for a loan? We can assist you! Give us a call at 360-576-1920. Ready to begin? Apply Now. Ask us about 100% and low-down-payment financing, such as VA and USDA loan programs.

Many buyers qualify for several different kinds of mortgages, but they can't afford a large down payment. Do you want to buy a new home, but don't know how you should get together your down payment?

Cut expenses and save. Be on the look-out for ways you can trim your monthly expenditures to set aside money for a down payment. Also, you can look into bank programs in which a portion of your take-home pay is automatically transferred into savings every pay period. You might look into some big expenses in your spending history that you can live without, or trim, at least temporarily. For example, you may decide to move into less expensive housing, or stay local for your annual vacation.

Sell items you don't really need and find a part-time job. Try to find a second job. This can be rough, but the temporary difficulty can help you get your down payment. You can also seriously consider the possessions you actually need and the things you can put up for sale. You might own collectibles you can put up for sale on an online auction, or quality household goods for a garage or tag sale. You might also research what your investments could sell for.

Borrow your down payment from your retirement plan. Check the parameters of your particular program. Some homebuyers get down payment money by withdrawing from Individual Retirement Accounts or borrowing from 401(k) plans. Make sure you know about any penalties, the way this could affect on your income taxes, and repayment obligation.

Ask for help from generous members of your family. Many homebuyers sometimes get down payment assistance from thoughtful parents and other family members who may be prepared to help get them in their own home. Your family members may be inclined to help you reach the milestone of owning your own home.

Research housing finance agencies. Provisional mortgage loans are extended to buyers in certain situations, such as low income buyers or future homeowners planning to renovating homes in a specific place, among others. With the help of this type of agency, you may be given a below market interest rate, down payment assistance and other perks. These types of agencies may assist you with a reduced interest rate, help with your down payment, and offer other benefits. The main goal of non-profit housing finance agencies is build up the purchase of homes in targeted areas.

Find out about low-down and no-down mortgages.

  • Federal Housing Administration (FHA) mortgage loans

    The Federal Housing Administration (FHA), a part of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), plays an important part in assisting low to moderate-income individuals qualify for mortgages. Part of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development(HUD), FHA (Federal Housing Administration) helps individuals get FHA assists first-time homebuyers and others who would not be eligible for a traditional mortgage loan on their own, by providing mortgage insurance to the private lenders. Interest rates with an FHA loan are usually the going interest rate, while the down payment with an FHA mortgage will be less than those of conventional loans. The required down payment may go as low as three percent and the closing costs might be included in the mortgage loan.

  • VA mortgage loans

    VA loans are backed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Veterens and service people can benefit from a VA loan, which generally offers a reasonable interest rate, no down payment, and limited closing costs. Even though the mortgage loans don't originate from the VA, the office verifies borrowers by issuing eligibility certificates.

  • Piggy-back loans

    You may finance a down payment using a second mortgage that closes with the first. In most cases the first mortgage covers 80% of the cost of the home and the "piggyback" is for 10%. The borrower covers the remaining 10%, instead of needing to pull together the typical 20% down payment.

  • Carry-Back loans

    With a carry-back mortgage, the you borrow a portion of the seller's home equity.. You would borrow the majority of the purchase price from a traditional mortgage lender and borrow the remainder from the seller. Typically you'll pay a slightly higher interest rate with the loan financed by the seller.

No matter how you gather your down payment, the satisfaction of reaching the goal of owning your own home will be just as sweet!

Need to talk about down payments? Call us at 360-576-1920.

Mortgage Questions?

Do you have a question regarding a mortgage program?

Contact Information
Your Question